Weekend Code Project: Build A 2D Platformer In Unity is the quick-start guide you've been looking for in order to learn how to build a simple 2D platformer in Unity 4.5. The pdf guide, included artwork and full source code will walk you through:
- Working with sprites and animation
- Creating a player that runs, jumps and shoots
- Creating a zombie with basic platformer AI
- Extending Unity's IDE to build a Tile Map Editor
- Includes the PDF, EPUB, artwork, and source code/projects
This detailed 133-page guide is designed for people new to building 2D game with Unity.
** New Reduced Price - This book was designed for Unity 4.6 and while the core concepts will work in Unity 5, there may be a few places where the UI or steps to reproduce are different. **